WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS 22nd & 23rd July 2017
• Wednesday 26th July is the Feast of St. Joaquim & Anne parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
• 'Splash of Clans' - Calling all Assumption Youth to be a part of the Monsoon Telegames filled with loads of fun, bonding and togetherness. Tomorrow
/ Today, Sunday, 23rd July, from 10 am to 01 pm on the School Ground.
• Bible Study Class “Word of Life" meets on Tuesday 25th July after the evening mass. Study on the Acts of the Apostles is in progress. Please bring
your Bible along.
• Senior Citizen Association celebrates the feast of Saints Joaquim and Anne on 26th July. All senior citizens are requested to register in the Parish
Office at earliest.
• “Divine Light Prayer Group" will be meet on 27th June 2017 at 7:30 pm in the church. "There will be a Eucharistic Adoration with Healing Service by
Fr. Melroy." Come with your family and experience God's healing.
• Lectors will meet on Sunday, 30th July, after the 9 am mass on the 2nd Floor Meeting Room. Attendance is compulsory.
• Parish Pastoral Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st August, after the evening Mass in the meeting room on the 2nd floor and all the
members are requested to attend. The PPC members are requested, to first sign, acknowledge and then collect a copy of the Minutes with the
Agenda from the Parish office during office hours. Only if the PPC members cannot collect the Minutes personally, they can depute a responsible
animator who will sign and collect the minutes on their behalf.
• Deserving Students of our Parish, who have academically excelled in grades 9th 10th and 12th in the year 2016 / 17, are requested to submit a copy
of their mark sheets in the parish office during office hours by 27th July. Deserving students will be felicitated on 15th August at the feast mass.
• Bombay Catholic Sabha has organized a Seminar on Career opportunities in Civil Services on 13th August at 10.30 am at St. Anne High School,
Borivali. For further details and registration contact the BCS help desk.
• 15th August is the feast of Our Lady of Assumption, Our Parish Feast. We humbly appeal to you, in seeking sponsorship as we prepare for the
Novena and Feast day. As you are aware, our church is facing a financial crunch. We would not like to dampen the spirit of our Liturgical and festive
celebrations. We request sponsors for, Flower arrangements for all Novena days & Feast day services. Laptop and Mikes for a meaningful Liturgy.
Festive Band (Parish Feast Mass).Those who would like to offer their support may do so by Cheque in favour of Assumption Church, or contact the
Parish Priest or Fr Vivian during office hours.
• We request all subscribers of the Examiner, to collect their copy of the Examiner, every Sunday, from the desk, next to the watchman’s cabin. We
thank you for your kind cooperation.
• 1st Death Anniversary Masses:
Soul of Conceicao Gracias / Monday 24th July / 7 pm.
Soul of Mabel Monteiro / Saturday / 29th July / 7 pm.
• Months Mind Masses:
Soul of Mary Anthony Dennis / Saturday 29th July / 7 pm
Soul of Dorothy Mendes / Sunday 30th July / 9 am
• We thank you for your following generous contributions
Last Saturday (evening) and Sunday Collection: Rs 29,075- (For Assumption Trust)
Welfare Fund: Rs 21,860/-
Holy Cross Chapel Sunday Collection: Rs.1,380/-